Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 19, 2011 6:47 AM

May 2010
Monster is probably one of my favorite Anime out there, so much that it was the first item (I think it was...) I added to my list when I joined this site.

I have seen both the Dub and Subs and here is what I think for everyone else who is having a hard time deciding. I liked the subs better personally

Reasons why the subs are better than the dub

• Johan

• Dub: Honestly I don't like Johan's voice one bit in the dub. He has a sinister tone, but it felt like a regular antagonist's voice to me. Johan is NOT your average antagonist.

• Sub: What made Johan's voice so successful in the original was the innocence in Johan's voice. The innocence in Johan's voice also added to Johan's twisted mentality of life. A true Monster

• Anna

• Dub: It was just bad. Anna's voice in the dub made her looked like a robotic Barbie doll

• Sub: It was decent, nothing special, but still beats the dub because it sounded human

• Lunge

• Dub: Alright, Lunge's voice in the Dub wasn't terrible. It more or less portrayed his original character with a about 70% of success. It was just okay

• Sub: Lunge's voice in the original sounded deep and fitted his persistent and stubborn (not to mention funny sometimes) personality. A voice truly fitted for a detective.

• Grimmer

• Dub: His voice was on par with the original, although at times he kinda sounded like Goofy lol

• Sub: Same as Dub

• Eva

• Dub: Same as Grimmer, I thought Eva's VA did a fine job expressing her obnoxious personality and attitude.

• Sub: Same as Dub

• Tenma

• Dub: I really disliked Tenma's VA in the English. It just isn't as good as the original. His English VA doesn't exude the same innate kindness as the Japanese VA does that Naoki intended for Tenma

• Sub: I absolutely LOVE Tenma's voice in the original, it just fits his character in every aspect.

Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Aug 20, 2011 6:23 PM

Oct 2008
@Tenma's dub VA
Liam O'Brien is very good though he works best when he's being comedic. So yeah, can't imagine he'd work that well with Tenma, especially compared with the original
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Mushi-shi

Lindle - Jul 22, 2011

3 by Jatz »»
Nov 6, 2014 5:07 PM

» Hunter x Hunter

Confucius - Aug 27, 2012

1 by Lindle »»
May 15, 2014 3:57 AM

» Noir

Confucius - Dec 24, 2011

3 by Confucius »»
Jun 10, 2013 6:08 PM

» Cardcaptor Sakura

Confucius - Aug 16, 2012

1 by Confucius »»
Feb 1, 2013 7:51 PM

» Outlaw Star

Confucius - Aug 31, 2012

1 by JTurner »»
Dec 23, 2012 6:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.